March 1, 2021 is the contribution deadline for the 2020 tax year. We are hosting a webinar on Registered Retirement Savings Plans to address some of the more common questions asked by healthcare professionals.
This webinar is directed towards medical residents, fellows and new-to-practice physicians, but would also be a good refresher for any healthcare professionals who are already investing in an RRSP.
We’ll start with the basics–and then move into some real-life examples of how to use RRSPs strategically.
In this webinar on Friday, February 5, at 7pm EST, we will address questions such as:
- Should I contribute to an RRSP?
- How much can I contribute each year and how is this amount calculated?
- What is a spousal RRSP and why are they important?
- Is there a difference between what I can contribute and what I can deduct?
- Should a RRSP contribution always be deducted in the year of contribution?
- Tax-free savings account vs RRSP…which is better?
- What types of income are needed in order to contribute to my RRSP?
- Are RRSPs always for retirement, or can they be used at other times during my career?